So every once in while, you might get the feeling that you’re stuck in a rut, monotony, a cycle of doom, or whatever else you might call it. It’s important to really check in with yourself, mentally and emotionally, so that you can figure out a way to move forward in life. If you’re finding it a bit difficult to get the ball rolling, it’s helpful to have a list of questions to ask yourself, to get to know yourself, your needs, your desires, a little better.
Here are 18 questions that I often consider whenever I’m going through one of those “I’m stuck, poor me” moods!
Questions to ask yourself
- Do I enjoy my daily activities?
- Do I like my current job?
- Do I prefer to work for a company, or do I want to run my own business?
- If I had to listen to my friends speak frankly about me, would I like what they have to say about me?
- What are my top 3 positive personality traits?
- What are my top 3 negative personality traits?
- What am I insecure about?
- Do I feel energized after spending time with the people who are around me the most? Or do I usually feel drained?
- Do I feel confident when talking to someone new about my work, career, accomplishments, etc.?
- Do I prefer to have a structured schedule, or to just go with the flow?
- Do I prefer being indoors, or being outdoors?
- Do I like working on my own? Or do I prefer to work in a team?
- Do I feel like I can express myself as freely as I’d like to?
- Is there a certain way I typically handle conflict with other people? Does it actually help, or often make things worse?
- Do I have any habits I want to quit?
- Do I feel comfortable at home?
- Do I tend to hold onto things for a long time “just in case”, or do I let go of things I have no need for?
- When I see someone doing something I’ve wanted to do, do I feel genuinely happy for them? Or do I feel jealous?
There are so many more questions I sometimes ask myself, but we’re not going to turn this post into a whole novel. Ha ha. What are some questions you consider when you’re feeling like it’s time for a change in your life? Let me know! 💖
Love these questions!
LikeLiked by 1 person