Just felt like sharing some photos from a recent beach day. Enjoy!
There are some things in this lifetime that I have been through… and looking back, I sometimes wonder just how exactly did I get through those tough times? It seems that sometimes I barely made it, hanging by a thread. And now I just feel so good about my life, in general!
So how can we all start to feel good about ourselves and our lives everyday, and get through all the tough times? They’re inevitable, so might as well be prepared with some tools to help turn the page into a better part of the chapter.
1. Journal. I know it’s been said to do this in just about every self help article and book. But writing down what you feel, what you are facing, what you are trying to do, etc. really helps you put things into perspective. Not only will it help you really assess the gravity of your situation, but it may also lead you to feel gratitude for the things that are going right.
2. Practice Gratitude. This is going to sometimes be the most difficult thing to do when it feels like your whole world is broken, but trust me, it will help! You can start with the basics: I am grateful to be alive. I am grateful for the food I am about eat. Then move on to bigger, more complex things. I am grateful for my family’s support. I am grateful to have a job. And so on and so forth.
3. Groom Yourself. Yup. Groom yourself. Oftentimes, when I’m feeling down or overwhelmed, I somewhat let myself go without even realizing it. It’s super easy for this to happen as a mother to a toddler. Then suddenly I realize I look less than spectacular, so I finally pluck my eyebrows, trim my hair, polish my nails and start to feel uplifted instantly!
4. Get Outside. Go somewhere, outside! It could be as simple as sitting on a bench at the nearby park, or getting all the way to the beach for some ocean vibes. Do this whenever possible. It will stimulate your senses, to reinvigorate you. You’ll feel clearer, refreshed.
5. Clean Up Your Space. There’s nothing that can weigh me down more on a daily basis than a cluttered living or working space. I try to at least keep everything clean. Tidy and organized is another story. However, when I do finally “reset” things and put everything in its proper place and reorganize, I feel much more clearheaded and ready to take on any task at hand.
1. When my baby giggles and then squeezes me tightly. 👶🏻
2. Actually understanding something in a new language I’m learning. 📙
3. When someone understands exactly what I’m saying even though I’m overcomplicating what I’m trying to say. 🙌
4. Finding a new song that expresses exactly what someone makes me feel. 💞
5. Being able to share that song with that someone. 🎶
6. Good night calls and good morning texts. 📱
7. Making a dessert for people I love and watching the joy on their face as they eat it. 🍰
8. The way my eyebrows look once I get them done (myself) after growing them out for a while. 🤨
9. Floating around in the ocean water, when the sun and the water are both warm. 🌊
10. Meeting new interesting people, even if I never see them again. 👥
11. When I look good in a selfie with minimal effort. 🤳
12. When my best friends understand the exact meaning of any of my facial expressions. 😏
13. When a tarot reading confirms something I already kind of knew. 🃏
14. My toe nails, freshly polished. 👣
15. When I complete a craft project smoothly! 📐
16. Creating a playlist full of songs that match one of my moods. 🎼
17. Good, cheesy, flavorful pizza. 🍕
18. My bed, just made with freshly laundered sheets. 🛌
19. Sleeping with a fan on. ❄
20. The flickering of candlelight in a dark room. 🕯
21. The scent of fresh cut flowers. 💐
22. Everything about autumn. The colors, the air, the foods, the festivities. 🍂
23. When my little one just wants to snuggle with me at the end of the day. 👩👦
24. Long weekends at home, relaxing! 🛋
25. The butterfly feelings when talking to a crush. 🦋
26. An ice cold drink on a hot day! 🥤
27. Writing…anything! ✍
28. Finding a new series to watch, and being hooked on it from the start. 📺
29. When the exact outfit you want to wear fits perfectly! 👗
30. Freshly trimmed-down finger nails. 💅
31. Perfect lighting to fit the mood. 💡
I’ve been dreaming of him a lot. Ever since I got to know him. It always seems like I am trying to face one of my insecurities in each dream. And despite that, I’m always so happy to see him there. It’s comforting, pleasant. And he always seems to be there for me, to make me feel loved and reassured.
You used to do that for me too, in real life. You’d make me feel comfortable and like I could really be open, like I didn’t have to hide. I wanted to make myself even better just for you. I was vulnerable because I felt safe. I felt… home. I didn’t want to run away. For once. So why did you push me away? Why?
I know where I’m going. I know what I’m looking for. I just need to trust that my decisions will get me there. I need to trust that the steps I take, at any given moment, are leading me closer and closer to my destination. Even if I can’t see the full picture. Even if there are obstacles along the way. I will get there. And I’ll dive in fully. Without regrets.